• What we'll do
Partner event, please do not register here but register at this link: https://www.elon.edu/u/academics/business/elon-business-analytics-conference/
This event is hosted by the Center for Organizational Analytics and the Martha and Spencer Love School of Business and led by Professor Haya Ajjan. Speakers include Radhika Kulkarni and Gayle Bieler, who have spoken to our MeetUp in the past.
Master Business Practices
- Learn from presentations by analytics experts on topics such as the changing landscape of analytics, predictive analytics, and the future of analytics.
- Secure a cross-industry view of high-impact real-world analytics applications and learn how to apply them effectively.
- Leverage analytics best practices to optimize your business processes and make fact-based business decisions.
- Gain valuable insights that will help decision makers in your company better understand the value of analytics as a competitive driver.
Advance Your Career
- Improve your knowledge of the latest analytics trends.
- Enjoy networking opportunities that provide future directions and contacts that can help you and your business.
- Learn how to sell analytics to key decision makers and potential users.
- Conduct a follow-up presentation for your company on best practices and innovative strategies that will open pathways to new possibilities.
- Meet with Elon faculty and program administrators to learn about the accelerated M.S. in Management, Organizational Analytics program at Elon University.
7:30 – 9:00 Check-in/Registration
7:30 – 8:00 Continental Breakfast
8:00 – 8:05 Welcome
Raghu Tadepalli, Dean, Love School of Business
8:05 – 9:00 The Data Science Revolution in Industry
John Elder, Chair and Founder, Elder’s Research
9:00 – 10:00 Charting Collections of Connections in Social Media: Creating Maps and Measures with NodeXL
Marc Smith, Founder, NodeXL
10:00 – 11:00 From Statistics to Data Science Startup: Transformation Within a Large Research Organization
Gayle Bieler, Director, Center for Data Science, RTI International
11:00 – 12:00 Analytics at GM
Tom Capotosto, Director, Advanced Analytics, General Motors
12:00 – 1:00 Lunch and Networking
1:00 – 1:45 Big Data and Big Analytics – Opportunities for Inter-disciplinary Innovation
Radhika Kulkarni, VP, Advanced Analytics R&D, SAS Institute Inc.
1:45 – 2:45 Automating Machine Learning: A practical guide to AI adoption
Jeff Holoman, Director of Sales for the Southeast, DataRobot
2:45 – 3:00 Networking Break
3:00 – 3:45 Transforming Your Business with AI
Scott Langfeldt, Founder and CEO, APEX Data Science
3:45 – 4:00 Closing Remarks & Wrap-up
Haya Ajjan, Associate Professor, Elon University
• What to bring
• Important to know----