• What we'll do
We are doing something special for the February Open Meeting of the Alamance Makers Guild and everyone in the area is invited! Save the date, Spread the word, and Join us at the new Advanced Applied Technology Center at Alamance Community College for an evening celebrating the Maker Community and STEM Education here in Alamance County!
During this free, family friendly, and fun event you will be able to:
* Take advantage of ACC's Open House and Tours of the amazing facilities of the new Advanced Applied Technology Center including labs for Mechatronics, Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Automotive, HVAC, Drafting and CAD, and more
* Meet the Makers: We'll be hosting makers from all over the area who will have tables set up showing off their projects. Makers will range from inventors to artists to school groups to the Alamance Makers Guild's Interest Groups (3D Printing, Quadcopters, Microcontrollers, and more)
* Listen to special guest speakers who will be talking about the importance of STEM Education and the Maker Movement in Alamance County
* Learn more about our local Maker Community including the Alamance Makers Guild, Maker Faire Burlington, and STEAM Junction.
* Learn about degree programs, classes, and financial aid for STEM Programs at ACC
* Special exhibit by ACC's Advertising and Graphic Design Program
BONUS: Alamance Community College and STEAM Junction will be making a special announcement that will positively impact students and faculty at ACC.
* Ian Baltutis: #MakerMayor of Burlington NC
* Andrew Heine: Alamance County native, founder of Classadoo, former coder for Uber self driving cars and SpaceX
* Alex Poteat: ACC Graduate and former ACC Ambassador
This event is free, open, and family friendly. Everyone is welcome especially those interested in learning more about the Maker Movement or the new Advanced Applied Technology Center. Are you a high school student or a parent of a high school student? This meeting will have a lot of useful information for you and your family!
Exhibit With Us and Share with the Community:
Want to get really serious about show-n-tell? Contact Ben Harris ([masked] or call STEAM Junction at[masked]) before Friday February 2nd to discuss your project and reserve a free exhibit table for your project, invention, organization, school group, or small maker business. (space is limited and focused on Alamance County makers and organizations)
Help us celebrate the Maker Community and STEM Education in Alamance County! Please Save the date, "like", share, and RSVP for this event! ** featured in the photo: Marissa Armstrong, 2012 ACC Graduate, AAS Advertising & Graphic Design
• What to bring
Bring yourself, your questions, and your K-12 students who might want to learn more about education and career opportunities here in Alamance County!
• Important to know
Open Schedule, come and go as you please, however tours and speakers will occur at set times. We'll post a schedule prior to the event. Learn more at the Alamance Makers Guild Facebook Page at http://www.facebook.com/AlamanceMakersGuild