I believe the way we approach security desperately needs a change. Similar to the Agile Manifesto, I am calling on the members of this group to join me to come up with a Manifesto for Modern Cybersecurity.
Please feel free to invite other like-minded security professionals, hackers, and engineers/developers to join our discussion.
Here's what I propose and would like to finalize with the group as version 1 of the manifesto.
We believe that modern cybersecurity means:
• We should assume compromise, but no single point of compromise.
• You cannot protect what you can’t see.
• There is power in the crowd; two is stronger than one.
• Automation is key because people are the weakest link.
• Build products that are secure by design and by default.
• Security should be simple, open, collaborative and rewarding.----