Join us to learn about...
- Emergency Management
Tonight's Guest Speakers:
Leslie OConnor, Durham County Emergency Management Division Chief
Taylor Davis, Durham County Emergency Management Coordinator
Also, bring your Civic Camp team to work on your projects and recruit new team members, or form a new team for the DataPalooza competition.
- Read more about the teams that formed at Civic Camp on September 22 - http://ncopenpass.com/blog/civic-camp-hackathon-concludes-with-open-data-competition-kickoff/
• 5:30-5:45p: Mingle / Chat / Get settled
• 5:45-6:15p: Welcome / Group introductions + Guest Speaker + Q&A
• 6:15-6:30p: Announcements / Project updates
• 6:30-8p: Break into groups & work on projects
- If you're new to Code for Durham, see Dane for a brief orientation.
• 8-8:30p: Share project progress with group
*Attendance implies consent to our Code of Conduct (https://github.com/codeforamerica/codeofconduct).
Highlights / Announcements
What is a hacknight?
This is a weekly project night for technologists, designers, developers, data scientists, map makers, and activists who are working on "civic technology" projects. Consider this to be a study hall or office hours to improve the city.
This night is for those who want to:
* get work done on civic projects
* start a new project, or find one to join
* get feedback from technical, government, or community experts
* learn about tools for local empowerment, open data, smart and open government
Bring your laptop, ideas, projects, maps, data, and questions. Collectively, we will try to answer them.
Have fun. Do good.----